New York City mayor de Blasio, under fire by the city’s police union, recently announced a decision to rescind a ban on student cell phones in public schools.

This antiquated law stands as a perfect example of racial injustice. Officials freely admit schools in well-to-do, predominately white neighborhoods did not enforce the ban and why should they? As a parent, I can attest to the fact that the ability to be in immediate contact with your children, from a safety measure, is about on a par with wearing a seatbelt. Deliberately failing to do so borders on lunatic.

Of course, only in poorer, mostly African-American neighborhoods, where metal detectors and a heavy police presence are common, did schools deprive students of what these days is tantamount to a basic human right, the ability to have ready access to a cell phone.  You know, the kind of neighborhoods where black men are, or until recently, were routinely illegally stopped and searched without probable causes for marijuana possession, and arrested for hypothetical offenses such as loitering.

The tragic deaths of Eric Garner and Michael Brown at the hands of police, and the wave of protest they engendered, may have allowed our nation to reach a tipping point in regard to the horrific “broken windows” policy of policing. A heavy-handed approach to so called quality of life crimes served to make for more arrogance by law enforcement, more racial injustice, a shocking increase in the number of incarcerated Americans, and finally a diminishment of the quality of life for blacks in urban areas, a cruel irony indeed.

We ended up with an Orwellian type of outcome, where War is Peace. We broke windows to avoid broken  windows, like making love to advance the cause of virginity. Two decades of a dumb policies wrought catastrophic consequences to its victims.

Maybe now the madness is finally beginning to end.  Hold on, I just got a text from my high school son: he needs to stay late at school today, pickup delayed. Thank goodness he has his cell phone with him.

Comments

09/15/2015 9:15am

That's really massive exposure post and I must admire you in this regard.

I am shocked to read the topic of this post. Some positive facts have been defined in this blog about it

01/11/2016 2:09am

It's a superior strategies notably to help you the a newcomer to blogosphere, summary and even legitimate information… Bless you designed for writing this town. Required browse guide.

02/16/2016 6:25am

Now i am intending Most people can certainly examine a different period because of the item to have a look in their normal outstanding web page, having thank you linked to that allows all people turning into right here

02/16/2016 7:08am

the reality is it may not be actually because of the fact fuss-free moreover, nevertheless your internet site woke all people relevant to that

03/25/2016 3:00am

every one of your beautifiers and everything put into like powder and just kind of Cross Fit you not any more under eyes are a longer course wherever you kind of watch you get to some degree more extension a touch of more spending action it looks so superb I do just again when I reiterate the sureness if you do endeavor the wipe dry wipe wet wipe tangled affecting your beautifying agents .

03/26/2016 12:29am

it's recommended that you have the following bits of equipment. 1. Yoga/Exercise Mat 2. Exercise/Stability/Swiss Ball 3. Resistance bands Ok! Now you have these three bits of equipment, we can now start looking at the exercises and see what you can do to overall tone your inner hip and feet. 1.

03/27/2016 11:56pm

Once you have a solid keep, carry the bar off the holder and keep it over your chest place. Bring the bar down to about your nipple place and touch stomach place. When you have finished the activity down, begin to power up all the way to the top.

03/28/2016 11:03pm

enacted me on any can allow mother we gotta okay the EPA back home me keep me home now it helps how by into the fall IQ me home me accentuate the ball mom that achieved me thank you c'mon the opening up to yeah it help here we go know we've Paul yeah he wantsto be why yeah when the pope telling him notto that day name home if you can feel .

03/29/2016 10:54pm

the B one the floor you so hard the more you Padre here the hard good come up back in court last one okay good and bring it back down into that push-upposition alright so we're back into push-up position with our Kathy so you wanna be nice instraight make sure that but stays down drop down for nap push-up you do me acucumber good and then .

03/30/2016 11:37pm

so you wanna be nice instraight make sure that but stays down drop down for nap push-up you do me acucumber good and then dropping into their pushup Jack feet beautiful actually on the wayup yale-educated really in that dept andthe push-up they shot ladies bring it home here brown teal it only gets harder but good keep working get one more push up .

04/01/2016 11:42pm

There are two types of muscle tendon tears; the limited crying as well as the whole crying. As the name suggested, limited crying mean that the tendon is not completely severed. Complete split, on the other hand, signifies that the tendon is split completely into two. Biceps tendon split is also associated with age; the older you are, the larger the risk of getting a tendon split. For chronic situations, you might require intervention. Our advice is watch out for sudden sharp discomfort in the top arm, loud popping or snapping audio or discomfort and tenderness at the neck and shoulder. You might have ripped your muscle tendons. 3.

04/03/2016 11:56pm

after the first Five periods. Research widely suggests that the human body gets used to storing a lot of creatine in the human body, and the creatine running stage of the pattern allows to train your entire human body to store higher stages of it in your entire human body. Therefore, for step 2 of the pattern .

04/06/2016 12:30am

There are a few methods and means in which will help to enhance muscular. To develop muscular in your pecs, the most standard way is to do frequent media work out workouts. Bench pushing allows you to media huge body weight and cut the muscle tissue more. The frequent media work out has been used for a many years and is a staple for promoting chest area muscular.

04/07/2016 3:44am

You need to pattern your system every 2 - A month if you want continuous outcomes. You can adjust your reps and the variety of workouts performed in whatever manner you select. Some individuals even use 3 or 4 applications and mix and match them eventually so that they same system is never used twice. There is more than one way to design your system.

04/13/2016 11:58pm

Slowly, controlled action will overload muscle tissue and enhance radical benefits in muscle. Once you start to see and experience the advantages of this technique raising you will be kicking yourself for not doing it earlier.

04/14/2016 11:34pm

Thanks for sharing the facts. You truly impressed me by this post of yours. And what exactly is additional commendable will be the authenticity in the content material.

04/28/2016 12:24am

shop I'll be providing my pulsar reconnects550 which is a awesome huge a knowing opportunity as well and we'll experience every one of the functions and set up with that bit of let us know by using a look at your fleet Betty and you have to some level negligible despite indication by your name now the companion Easter time emissary to collections is a win supporter and an area with three collections is a three-piece to same with a stop being an professional and three collections being an organization official now

heraa ansari
04/29/2016 12:02am

Perfect Garcinia Cambogia got long strike bringing in the project that is hammering while working tire body lasting heartbreak through looking really good 5sec for 3 to had one talent lead mats identified to bring that harked back down the lower body trust find guys spies ground ready %uh there %uh there ..

Chly 1980
04/29/2016 2:17am

Perfect Garcinia Cambogia detoxifying but the main point is just a tip esta eat more vegetables the now there are a lot of different clans and detox products out there and some These products are healthy Some of These products are what I Might say kind of the best games but the main reason That any kind of weight loss or clinton's product Because it is helpful is That is a commitment we make to ourselves so we click When That little

Ving 1927
04/30/2016 12:50am

As I’ve mentioned to covering blemishes will be too heavy for underneath your eyes and but you can mix the name in a little bit foundation a little bit tinted moisturizer and you can I was using I primers well if you have very oily under I area so really just kind of adapter area to suit yourself and maybe at some point I will make under eye concealed to keep say.
For more information, visit this site >>>>>>> http://www.optimalstackfacts.us/do-not-buy-bellaplex-read-this-first/

Onele 1933
05/02/2016 2:27am

An hour of cardio a day to get that we lost to get that they've lost majority of the week that you want to lose you were doing that hour of cardio and a width x amount of calories in order for you to maintain that goal we you have to continue doing that amount of cardio just to keep.
For more information, visit this site >>>>>>> http://www.optimalstackfacts.us/Try-perfect-garcinia-cambogia-and-read-its-side-effects

Licensed vet in Edmonton will treats all kinds of animals. It will take care you pets illness or any emmergency. If your pet in trouble then contact us.

05/02/2016 11:14pm

enough to have spelling mistakes for important words; chances are they don’t have too many links pointing to them. This is where it gets tricky. You don’t want to be appearing Neo2 Software

05/03/2016 12:16am

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work. I have been meaning to write something like this on my website and you have given me an idea.

Ovis 1982
05/03/2016 12:20am

Perfect Garcinia Cambogia
the Source engine geraldo which is a relative of Kathy them and have 304 antioxidant capabilities singer has been used as a natural remedy for many almost four centuries now scientists finally catching up and researchers around the world are finding their potential worth wonders and the treatment for various m

Hatt ione
05/03/2016 11:30pm

I just wanted to pass along to you any of you can do so I am I hunters and I make her move up remover is out so my cleansing oil I have for full size and by deluxe size this partial on is almost done about the bottom line for me that this is my normal clothes and I have it leads to.

alvinaansari
05/04/2016 11:54pm

points so yeah I'm also going to be late down below the description and also there's a book for when you wanna know I bought this is my own money didn't really give it to me when I signed up but they do sell their products and I bought this book and has a whole bunch of restaurants in them the point value...premium cleanse

Plive 1973
05/04/2016 11:57pm

premium cleanse
you got some great stories and does so by fifty I'm back in my room I was trying to do like the movie with the backdrops and you know that but then again I'm just like I really do feel like this is more me and it's more cozy in a little more comfortable talking to you is laid back and I just don't want to feel like it's .

05/05/2016 11:05pm

Bellaplex only it came back stronger so that when I tried to get back on the product that she recommended in wasn't even effective anymore so then I tried a different product arm a prescription product called different and this a lot of money okay it was not cheap I don't have insurance so I had to ...

05/05/2016 11:45pm

Bellaplex We just faked fuller looking lips thanks to concealer pencil or a flesh tone lipliner and lip gloss. I'm saving the best for last. So tip number five is to use a lip enhancing suction cup tool like this. I found this one online through Amazon and it's called full lips.

05/06/2016 10:37pm

premium cleanse determination that you have for that work out own I'm what I said as i'm for the first time ever in my life I did our hour and a half inches walking let the fans on very simple very basic but it did the job they lost eight pounds,.

05/11/2016 9:51pm

This excellent website really has all the information I needed about this subject and didn’t know who to ask.

05/16/2016 12:31am

Everybody can earn 250$+ daily... You can earn from 6000-12000 a month or even more if you work as a full time job...It's easy, just follow instructions on this page, read it carefully from start to finish... It's a flexible job but a good eaning opportunity..
go to this site home tab for more detail

11/28/2016 2:48am

01/19/2017 10:17pm

mpbse.nic.in

04/16/2017 10:35pm

04/22/2017 8:25am

Samsung Galaxy S8 has the cutting-edge features you need to do the things you love faster, easier, and better. Get it now at Verizon.

One of the most common ways to use your computer as a home security system is as a recorder. You would connect your video surveillance equipment to your computer and allow your hard drive to capture any events that occur within range of the cameras.

05/10/2017 2:41am

Indian independent Delhi escort Pooja Roy, Genuine Indian outcall service in Delhi.

05/10/2017 8:15am

The need for iPhone repairs is, unfortunately, a common requirement and can be an expensive need, therefore I would like you to take a moment and consider the option of D.I.Y iPhone repairs. They carry many benefits and are not as difficult as they sound - in fact if you find the right site to buy your iPhone spares and parts you can find yourself armed with more knowledge than you require for the repairs you require.

05/14/2017 12:00am

Choosing cell phone plans is overwhelming due to the number of carriers and plans available. There are a few key points to keep in mind when making your selection to ensure you've chosen a plan that suits your needs. Although it seems like carriers are trying to trick, you, there ARE techniques that allow you to get what YOU want.

If you have a lot of gadgets, devices and equipment that run on batteries, a system for batteries reconditioning might be of help to you. This will enable you to save on the costs devoted to buying batteries every so often. Take a look at how you can bring back even the deadest batteries useful once again.