As a small child, I had no concept of puberty. Oh, we had the obligatory film strip with the school nurse, with the class segregated by sex in those more puritanical times. We boys learned, among other things, that the testes were soon to grow larger. What the girls learned I have no idea, because they refused to tell us. This provided an early introduction into how the world is mostly separated by gender (not counting the LGBTs), and conflict this separation inevitably leads to.

My testes did indeed get bigger, along with a few other relevant body parts, and life took on new meaning. My goals and interests changed in concert with hormonal changes delivered by my endocrine system. A few years earlier, comic books provided me all the entertainment I needed. But by the end of seventh grade, I wondered how much a pretty home room classmate would ripen over the summer, giving me a reason to look forward to returning back to school. Indeed, she ripened as I had hoped, but unfortunately so did my urges, which would remain unfulfilled for years. There wasn’t much of a market for boys who were bad at sports and had crooked teeth and acne.

Back then, the passage of time meant progress: taller, stronger, bigger testes. And then suddenly time going by became a negative. My body entered a period of stasis lasting through my college years, and then a gradual decline set in.

I’ve fought the battle against aging with determination and resolve. I maintain a high fiber diet, as evidenced by my daily intake of prune juice. I exercise.  I try to keep a positive attitude. Being Jewish helps, as millennia of suffering have allowed our people to develop an inherent cheerful pessimism, as displayed by an old Jewish joke: A telegram arrives with the following message: start worrying, details to follow.

There is much still to look forward to. Thank goodness I remembered to stock up on prune juice.

Comments

07/29/2016 11:47pm

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually something that I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and extremely broad for me.

09/05/2016 3:25am

The life given to you began from nothing and you should end up being nothing(ash/dead). Life is a cycle of growing up to have fun, be productive and fulfill the goal that God made you to do. We are created by God and we shall surrender ourselves to Him. This should make us remember that we should focus on what we should do as said by our Lord before focusing on the looks or body we have to be more beautiful. To God be the Glory forever.

09/09/2016 3:29am

Prunes are good for the blood sugar and this is good for the health prunes juice is better for the patients. When my mom not feels better she eats prunes and then fell better doctor suggest my mom.

09/21/2016 9:59am

And I haven't stocked that. and that is not good for me

11/22/2016 6:02am

Students trust and return to our writemyessayrapid.com because they promise top-quality work at the most affordable prices.

01/08/2017 9:24pm

Game Killer App Download for Android APK. Download Free Andriod Games, Apps (apk) and Software for PC, Android and IOS with Geek Peak Software.

01/16/2017 2:20am

Download SnapTube Video Downloader for PC Windows 7/8/8.1/10/XP for Free. Learn how to download and install snaptube app on your PC/Laptop windows ...

01/19/2017 1:38pm

Exquisitely professional thoughts. I merely hit upon this web site and desired to enunciate that I've definitely delighted in reckoning your blog articles or blog posts. Rest assured I'll subsist pledging to your RSS and I wish you write-up after much more shortly

02/16/2017 10:52pm

want to install the play store for windows/pc and enjoy downloading the finest apps, then PCs are not behind

04/29/2017 5:09am

It is time to get the copy of Exam Call letter which is required to make the candidate presence in the exam